Brussels Fashion Festival
NEXTGEN designer of the year 2024
Welcome to the Brussels Fashion Festival Creative Awards in association with FAB Style Collective. Designed to ignite imagination, creativity and original thinking within art and design.
The BFF NEXTGEN Designer of the Year Award is dedicated for future fashion creators. Designers have been requested to produce a jacket design to wear on stage at Brussels Fashion Week 2024.
Entrants are invited to submit a final sketch and moodboard for shortlisting before being required to produce the selected design to be exhibited at BFF 2024 event with the winning jacket worn by one of our judges.
All entrants must be age 16+ and in full time education.
“As a Fashion Commentator and Professor of Diversity I like to power dress so that my clothes communicate my life-long interest in innovative design and modernity.
I’m so excited you will design a jacket for me to wear at the Brussels Fashion Festival, AW24 & SS25. The jacket we chose, will look good in my
photograph and will be worn throughout a day’s presenting.
It will be striking and a conversation piece so sustainable materials might be a consideration utlising recycled materials and fabrics. in addition, it needs to be well-cut and designed like the work of my favourite designers: Vivienne Westwood, Alexander Mcqueen, and Sadie Clayton, but avoid a straight copy.
Colour, fabric and shape are important choices too but most excitingly, it will dream about the new genre of wearable technology, offering your vision of how clothing should incorporate technology . Investigate up to the minute developments in this area and outline in your presentation why your jacket is the ultimate in MODERN design.”
- Jacket design which is fit for purpose but meets the client’s brief.
- Size 10
1st stage: Moodboard with sketches, design and swatches showing an original design to be submitted by 5 January 2024.
2nd stage: 10 semi-finalists will be selected to produce their design with the winning design to be worn by a well-known member of our jury and finalists design exhibited at Brussels Fashion Week.
500 words describing the idea behind the design with a brief plan outlining the design and construction methods used.
- €500 Prize money
- NextGen Designer Goodie Bag
- 2 Free VIP tickets to Brussels Fashion Week
- This competition is open to all 16+ in full time education living in Europe
- The 10 Selected semi-finalists are required to produce their design
- Only one application per individual
- Provide the rights for usage of the supporting documentation to FAB Style Collective for promotion purposes
- By completing the application, applicants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material
- Entries are posted at the entrant’s own risk
- FAB Style Collective will acquire all rights to any copy entered into this competition, for current and future promotional use of the competition, and the rights to use the winning article in future promotion of the competition and event
- Apologies, but no articles can be returned to the entrant
- Proof of posting is not proof of delivery
- Last date for receipt of entries 5 January 2024
- The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into
- Judges will be appointed by FAB Style Collective